Re: Error message ora:1019

From: Alexey M. Reshetov <real_at_kpbank.ru>
Date: 29 Jul 1998 02:54:55 GMT

Fred Law (fred_at_gtrdata.com) wrote:
: Currently, I am running on Oracle 7.3 on my SCO Unix and my client is
: running on Windows 95. Every time, I connect to my dataserver. The
: Oracle gave me this error message (ora 1019) "unable allocate memory in
: the user side.". The manual suggested that: "Increase the processes heap
: size or switch to the old set of calls."

: Does anyone knows what it that mean? Also, if anyone got a workaround,
: could you E-mail the advice to me, please?

: My E-mail address is: fred_at_gtrdata.com

: Many Thanks.

: 28th July, 1998.

Try to increase PROCESSES parameter in your init<SID>.ora file or increase SHMMAX, SHMSEG and NPROC parameters in your SCO kernel.

Good luck!

Alexey Reshetov
real_at_kpbank.ru Received on Tue Jul 28 1998 - 21:54:55 CDT