Re: Error message ora:1019

From: <iolo_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 1998 12:26:05 GMT

In article <6pm2tv$fp$3_at_home.kpbank.ru>,   real_at_kpbank.ru (Alexey M. Reshetov) wrote:
> Fred Law (fred_at_gtrdata.com) wrote:
> : Currently, I am running on Oracle 7.3 on my SCO Unix and my client is
> : running on Windows 95. Every time, I connect to my dataserver. The
> : Oracle gave me this error message (ora 1019) "unable allocate memory in
> : the user side.". The manual suggested that: "Increase the processes heap
> : size or switch to the old set of calls."
>
> : Does anyone knows what it that mean? Also, if anyone got a workaround,
> : could you E-mail the advice to me, please?
>
> : My E-mail address is: fred_at_gtrdata.com
>
> : Many Thanks.
>
> : 28th July, 1998.
>
> Try to increase PROCESSES parameter in your init<SID>.ora file or
> increase SHMMAX, SHMSEG and NPROC parameters in your SCO kernel.

I think this message generally comes up when the number of maximum OS processes has been reached - for example when a new use tries to connect to the database the PROCESSES parameter in init<SID>.ora might still allow this, but the OS process Oracle is trying to spawn to do it exceeding the maximum number of allowed OS processes.

Just a thought

--
Oliver Willandsen
European Commission