Re: Some plonker typed rm temp.dbf AAARRGGHHH!

From: Winnie Liu <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 1998 21:21:10 -0700

I think you can bring a tablespace offline and drop it whether you are using archive log or no archivelog. The only different is that if you are working in archive log mode. You can bring it offline and then open the rest of the database. ANd then try to recover that tablespace/datafile. While if you are in noarchive log mode, you cannot recover the file/tablespace but only to drop it.

I hope memory serves for me too. If I am wrong about the above, please do correct me. Thanx =>

Winnie

Fred Miller wrote in message <35BE267E.CB956524_at_merck.com>...
>It's been a while since I encountered this but, if memory serves, you might
have to
>enable archiving in order to do the offline drop. (And, that's *not* in
the
>documentation!)...
>

> The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
> This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
> my employer, Merck & Co., Inc. All responsibility for the
statements