Re: NT Oracle Enterprise Manager & Sun Solaris Server

From: Daniel White <dwhite_at_radix1.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 1998 21:37:37 GMT

You need to install Oracle Intelligent Agent.

To activate it you do the following ;

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

you should see an extra process running ;

ps -ef | grep dbsnmp

If this doesn't work try deleting the .q files in the agent config dir and the db*.ora files in network/admin

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998 16:18:03 -0400, "Scott C." <sdcairns_at_mindspring.com> wrote:

>I am new to Oracle and am trying to install Oracle OEM on an NT client. It
>seems to be looking for something called an "auto discovery agent" which I
>am guessing is some kind of SNMP agent which, in my environment, would be
>some kind of daemon on the Sun box (Solaris 2.6) where Oracle (8.0.4) lives.
>
>Does any of this make sense to anybody? What should I be looking for?

Daniel White

Dan's Hong Kong Movies Page
www.radix1.demon.co.uk Received on Thu Jul 23 1998 - 16:37:37 CDT