HELP! Can connect locally through IPC, but not through TCP/IP

From: Dave Snyder <dsnyder_at_netgenics.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 20:45:44 GMT

Hi everyone,

    I recently set up a second oracle instance on a solaris 2.5 box running oracle 7.3.3... I can connect to both instances through server manager as well as sqlplus. In addition, I can connect to instance A (this was an instance set up on this machine by a consultant and has worked all along ) from remote machines using sqlplus. I cannot, however, connect to instance B (the instance I set up) remotely or using the TCP/IP loopback (i.e. sqlplus user/passwd_at_sid ) When I try, I get the following error:

ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. SVR4 Error: 2: No such file or directory

I know this will happen when the instance is not running, but I am positive it is, as I can connect using svrmgrl. Since I know very little about the listener.ora and sql*net setup, I have included the pertinent files in this post. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate hearing them...

oratab:

A:/database/home/oracle:Y
B:/database/home/oracle:Y

listener.ora

SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) USE_PLUG_AND_PLAY_LISTENER = ON
USE_CKPFILE_LISTENER = OFF
LISTENER =
  (ADDRESS_LIST =
        (ADDRESS=