Re: HELP! Can connect locally through IPC, but not through TCP/IP

From: Dave Snyder <dsnyder_at_netgenics.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 16:32:37 GMT

I found the problem!

In the configuration files, the sid names are all in lower case...

when I started the instance I was having problems with, I set ORACLE_SID in upper case... this didn't seem to cause a problem for IPC connections but for TCP/IP connections, it caused the database to not be recognized therefore it acted as if the instance wasn't running.