Re: Query Speed

From: james scharpf <j.scharpf_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 21:54:28 -0700

Joe,

Before doing anything else, I would perform an 'explain plan' for the queries in question on each of the two machines. The access path could tell you a lot about what is going on. If they are exactly the same, you could try using the sql trace facility. This will give you information like logical vs. physical reads, etc.

regards,
James Scharpf