When is an index used??

From: Matthias Kramer <Matthias-Kramer_at_t-online.de>
Date: 8 May 1998 11:52:35 GMT

I use PO7 via Delphi-BDE. When I excute I simple SQL-Statement like

SELECT field FROM table ORDER BY field

there's no difference between there does exist an index on "field" or does not.
I can't imagine that this is normal. Any explanations for that phenomenon ??

Matthias Kramer Received on Fri May 08 1998 - 06:52:35 CDT