Re: Need Help on Views

From: Sylvain Leclerc <SLeclerc_at_magrit.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 09:52:49 -0400

Hi folks,

I don't have many performance problems with views. But try to avoid a view build on several layers of views.
Ex: View1 has "From view2"; View2 has "from view3", etc. This tends to confuse the optimizer, and the query plan may not be the best. Also, avoid creating a view with an outer join to another view. That will also affect performance.

Sylvain Leclerc
sleclerc_at_magrit.com