Re: What kind of server should we buy for Oracle?

From: Greg Vitetzaks <gvitetz_at_cam.org>
Date: 1998/02/03

I've worked with Oracle on Serveral Backends including NT, SCO, Sun, RS/6000....

You should get a Unix Box for that price not NT. Which is what I assume you want. I personally
think the best Oracle/Unix combination is with Sun Hardware. Many other DBA's agree others would argue
the HP boxes and Oracle make the best combo. Either way I don't think you can go wrong. Honestly
going with any of the major unix flavors should be safe. I personally don't like Intel/Unix combo's. I've
had a bad experiences with them. That's my personal opinion.

For Benchmark & Price/Performance ratings got to <http://www.tpc.org>. Its the Transaction Processing Performance
council web site...You should get all the your questions aswered at this site and then some.

hope this helps

Greg Vitetzakis gvitetz_at_cam.org
Senior DBA

Domagoj Karnicnik <domagoj.karnicnik_at_po.tel.hr> wrote in article <34d63762.6053786_at_news.tel.hr>...