What kind of server should we buy for Oracle?

From: Domagoj Karnicnik <domagoj.karnicnik_at_po.tel.hr>
Date: 1998/02/02

Hello!

        We are in the middle of transition from mVAX's and Cobol programs to Oracle client/server environment, and we still haven't bought any equipment. Could you please give me some hint what would be a wise choice considering price/performance ratio, and relialibility? Intel/SMP server and SCO? - what config? Is 256MB RAM enough? 2x, 4x, or more CPUs? What brand is the best? Maybe AlphaServer? HP-UX? IBM RS/6000?
We can survive $80.000 investment.

TIA, Domagoj Karnicnik, B.Sc.EE. Received on Mon Feb 02 1998 - 00:00:00 CST