Re: Adding privileges to user.

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_p3.net>
Date: 1998/02/02

Hi Christian,

You cannot remove a column from an existing table in Oracle.

There are two ways around the problem:

  1. Drop the table and recreate it without the column you want to remove.
  2. Create a view of the table that does not include the column that you want to remove.

Of course you can always ignore the presence of the column.

Regards

Jerry