Re: Has anyone developed applications with DB's over 100GB?

From: CreDO Enterprise <contact_at_credobase.com>
Date: 1998/01/16

Eric Margheim wrote:

> We are about to start development of an application that will potentially
> have a database size of over 100GB. We are trying to decide what platform,
> O/S, and database to use.

Hi Eric!

I suppose that your question to this Discussion Group means that you are looking for Java solution.
If so - you also have to decide what Development Tool to use. I would offer you something.
You can develop from "A to Z" your entire application REGARDLESS and BEFORE you have making such DECISION about dB-engine on the back-end side.
You also can decide AFTER your development is completed - how to deploy your application: as "thin" client or as Java applet.

If my "story" is relevant for you - please don't hesitate to mail me: Dmeetry_at_CreDOBase.com