Re: Has anyone developed applications with DB's over 100GB?

From: Shivaji <hhuttler_at_pobox.ci.boise.id.us>
Date: 1998/01/15

I have worked with Terabyte sized databases. My shop had a datawarehouse in a single database nearly 1TB. We also had hundreds (literaly) of operational databases distributed nationally. In total, I managed about 3+ TB. We used Informix Dynamic Server on all our Unix servers, primarily Sun Enterprise Servers.

All the major DB vendors offer a good solution, including Oracle, Informix, Sybase, and IBM's DB2. The choice of vendor is a difficult decision that can be based on many factors. Consider such selection criteria such as vendor viability, vendor support, packaged applications available to run on specific databases, scalability, ease of maintenance and DBA support required, performance requirements, TP vs DSS performance, availability of support personnel - DBA's and application developers, UNIX versus NT requirements, vendor preferences and relations, and many more depending upon your environment.

Eric Margheim <ericm_at_socket.net> wrote in article <34bd383f.0_at_news.socket.net>...