Prespawned processes on Oracle 7.1.5/Alpha Vms 6.2

From: <mward_at_aluar.com.ar>
Date: 1998/01/07

Hi:

I am presently running an Alpha Cluster with about 80 oracle users on each of the two nodes.

Since most of the accesses is via sqlnet 2.x I am using mts (with some small problems).

I recently read that there is no point in using mts if under a few hundred users so I am trying to change over to prespawed servers (to get quick connection).

I have had one patch installed (provided by Oracle) and I am still trying to get it to work properly.

Should I persist? does anyone have real experience with Oracle 7.1.5 under Vms Alpha 6.2? if so what patches should I obtain from Oracle?

Any other suggestions / experience?

Thanks

Michael Ward
Aluar SAIC