Re: Prespawned processes on Oracle 7.1.5/Alpha Vms 6.2

From: Neil Chandler <oracle_at_tchp2.tcamuk.stratus.com>
Date: 1998/01/08

In article <884201709.151650307_at_dejanews.com>, mward_at_aluar.com.ar wrote: I don't know anything about VMS, but you are right to change over to pre-spawned servers. Unless you have over 200 users in a database, MTS is an overhead.

What problems are you getting? Could you be a little more specific? And is 7.1.5 a reasonable release to be running under VMS? I would have thought that Oracle support would be trying to get you to upgrade to 7.2.3.

regs

Neil Chandler