RE:I need an example of Advanced queuing, dbms_pipe, dbms_alert

From: <ketanindia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 1997/12/31

Hi, Here is an example as how to use the dbms_pipe package. Let's say that u have an application and u want all the errors to be logged in an error table. In a normal application, what we normally do is as and when an error occurs, we rollback and insert the error in the error table and commit. But if we use the dbms_pipe procedure, we'll have a very good way of looging the errors wherein the application does not need to do any inserts. Instead, we'll have a server process which will keep listening for the messages using the dbms_pipe.receive_message and the appl. just have to pass the error message using the dbms_pipe.send_message. The database ensures the delivery of the message to the server process and the application can just rollback and continue its work.