I need an example of Advanced queuing, dbms_pipe, dbms_alert

From: Matt Larson <matt_larson_at_jdedwards.com>
Date: 1997/12/29

Why would anyone use Advanced queuing, dbms_pipe, dbms_alert? I understand how these functions are used for communication between sessions, but I can't quite understand how they would ever be used. Could someone give a good example of the use of intersession communication?

Thanks in advance,
Matt
Please email answers to matt_larson_at_jdedwards.com Received on Mon Dec 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST