French Characters

From: omar <omar_at_quadrasys.com>
Date: 1997/12/29

Hi,

We are using a trial version of Oracle; we deal with french characters in our database.
When we created the database through "cr_databaseName.sql" we used this value for this
parameter:
character set "we8dec"

After that we ran the database and entered these words which contain some french
characters
Rivière-du-Loup, Sept-Îles, Montréal, Québec when we tried to retrieve these word from the database we got this: Rivihre-du-Loup, Sept-Nles, Montrial ,Quibec

What do we have to do to be able to enter french words and get back the same french
words from the database? Received on Mon Dec 29 1997 - 00:00:00 CST