Re: Oracle Names on HP-UX

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1997/12/12

On 10 Dec 1997 06:53:06 GMT, twod_at_not.valid wrote:

>You know, what I'm beginning to think that this nameserver bizzo aint all
>that it's cracked up to be :)

I don't know about that. I had it working on HPUX 10.20, Oracle 7.3.2 at my old company. It actually worked quite well. We were never able to get that automatic detection feature to work, but did get it working without that.

I don't recall experiencing this "serious errors in the configuration files" crap though. Did you use network manager to create the config files?

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign:
Behold, a virgin will be with child, and bear a son,
and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isa 7:14 NASB)