help:svrmgrl/internal won't start db

From: John Holland <hollandj_at_clark.net>
Date: 1997/01/03

I reinstalled Oracle (for the sixth time in two days so you can imagine how happy I am right now) and finally got it back on line. But when I take it off line, svrmgrl with a connect internal

  1. asks for a password, which it didn't used to
  2. when I figured out which was the right password, it says "Connected to an idle instance". I say "startup" and it says "Insufficient privileges".

My whole operation is going down the tubes here, I need this server running. PLease help!!!!!!!!

TIA
John Holland
U of Maryland
Dept. of physics Received on Fri Jan 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST