Re: help:svrmgrl/internal won't start db

From: Kevin J Barnes <kbarnes_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1997/01/04

On 3 Jan 1997 21:57:52 GMT, hollandj_at_clark.net (John Holland) wrote:

>I reinstalled Oracle (for the sixth time in two days so you can imagine
>how happy I am right now) and finally got it back on line. But when I take
>it off line, svrmgrl with a connect internal
>
>1. asks for a password, which it didn't used to
>2. when I figured out which was the right password, it says
>"Connected to an idle instance".
>I say "startup" and it says "Insufficient privileges".
>
>My whole operation is going down the tubes here, I need this server
>running. PLease help!!!!!!!!
>
>TIA
>John Holland
>U of Maryland
>Dept. of physics

What is your ORACLE_SID set to in your registry? It will try to look for the initSID.ora file in ORACLE_HOME\database.

Can you try startup pfile=<path and filename to your sid file>

-or-

Make sure you have created the correct pwdSID.ora file for the password.

Kevin Received on Sat Jan 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST