Re: help:svrmgrl/internal won't start db

From: Jim Mahoney <jimntina_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1997/01/14

In my experience this happens when you have different versions of Oracle running. If you start an instance with 7.2 you must shut it down with 7.2. If any of these instances were started by a different version it will appear that the instance is idle. Also check to make sure your env variables are setup correctly. Jim