Re: Dataguard

From: tanveer <tano786_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 02:40:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 9:40 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 03:39:50 -0700 (PDT), tanveer <tano..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Dear All
>
> >I need to know that can we schedule archived log to be deleted
> >automatically for instance i want to delete one month archived log
> >from primary and standby database with out RMAN.
>
> >Thanks in advanced for your participation
> >Regards
>
> Deleting backups and other RMAN objects screws the catalog and can
> possible end up in disaster in the time of peril.
> You should either only use RMAN to delete backups, or not use RMAN at
> all. You can't have it both ways!
>
> --
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for your reply. I am not using RMAN at all. Can I delete Archived log using Windows Explorer if yes, database should be down or up. Please guide me how i can schedule to delete archived log.

Waiting for your reply

Regards Received on Sat Oct 03 2009 - 04:40:59 CDT

Original text of this message