Re: Dataguard

From: tanveer <tano786_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 04:41:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 30, 9:28 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:
> On Sep 30, 3:39 am, tanveer <tano..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All
>
> > I need to know that can we schedule archived log to be deleted
> > automatically for instance i want to delete one month archived log
> > from primary and standby database with out RMAN.
>
> > Thanks in advanced for your participation
> > Regards
>
> You can, but you need to tell RMAN about it, otherwise restoration
> will be confusing.  See the docs about crosscheck and delete expired.
> More details would be required to give more advice, including the
> platform, the exact operating system, the exact version of Oracle,
> whether you are using a catalog, and what you really want to
> accomplish.
>
> jg
> --
> _at_home.com is bogus.
> Always be sure and use hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol.http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/25.79.html#subj6

Thanks for your reply. I am not using RMAN at all. We perform cold backup weekly and hot backup daily (Database export dump). Operating system windows 2000 Advance Server. Oracle 9.2.0.5.0. Not using Catalog.
We are going to implement Data guard very soon what I want to know is that If we don't use RMAN at all. How I can delete archive log can i use windows explorer Received on Sat Oct 03 2009 - 06:41:12 CDT

Original text of this message