Re: HOW TO COPY AND PASTE TO Oracle java application

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 07:33:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 28, 10:33 am, moonhkt <moon..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 28, 9:50 pm, Mark D Powell <Mark.Pow..._at_eds.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jul 28, 2:43 am, yf..._at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca (Malcolm Dew-Jones)
> > wrote:
>
> > > moonhkt (moon..._at_gmail.com) wrote:
>
> > > : Hi All
>
> > > : HOW TO COPY AND PASTE data TO Oracle java application  ? I want copy
> > > : notepad data to one of field.
> > > : Is it possible ?
>
> > > : e.g. In Oracle java application have field. How to copy and paste from
> > > : other source ?
>
> > > If you're running under Windows then simply do it.  Perhaps you need to
> > > use the short cut keys, and if Ctrl+V (& etc) don't work then maybe you
> > > need the older shortcut keys, Shift+Delete = cut, Shift+Insert = paste,
> > > Ctrl+Insert = copy.
>
> > > If you mean something else then you'll have to explain more.
>
> > How you copy and paste is often a function of the tool set (developer
> > tool) you are using to perform your development work in.  That and the
> > version of the tool.  None of which was specified.  If you still need
> > help you may want to repost with this information to the oracle.tools
> > forum.
>
> > HTH -- Mark D Powell --
>
> No. I want copy notepad value or exel value to oracle application,
> copy and paste between Oracle Application can not copy and paste
> directly.
> I need type one by one for each field.- Hide quoted text -

What kind of Oracle application? Written in what? What Oracle client version? What database version?
Where do you want the data transfer triggered from (Oracle or spread sheet)?

You are not providing enough detail on exactly how you want to transfer data for anyone to offer useful suggestions.

You can use VB script in Excel to send data to Oracle. I have seen an article on how to set up Oracle to read from a spread sheet. Lots of things are possible but more specifics are required.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Jul 29 2009 - 09:33:28 CDT

Original text of this message