Re: The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted.

From: Gustaf <gustafl_at_algonet.se>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 14:24:09 +0100

Shakespeare wrote:

>> The Oracle version is 10.2.0.1. I don't know what 'application' means
>> here. Is it yet another name for 'user', 'account' and 'schema'? So far,
>> I'm doing everything in Enterprise Manager.

> Do I understand correctly that what you actually are saying is that the > newly created users cannot login to ENTERPRISE MANAGER?

That's right. And now I understand that Enterprise Manager (EM) is the 'application', and if I attempt to access the DB from SQL Plus, other rules apply. I'm trying to figure out what the minimum privileges are to log in with EM, but I begin to see how pointless it is. EM is not the way the average user connect anyway, is it?

What I really want is to create a user with full control over a schema. Adding and removing tables, and importing data into those tables. I wish there was a SCHEMA_ADMIN role, but I can't find anything like it. And it's hard to figure out exactly which of the hundreds of privileges I need to put together such a role.

Gustaf Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 07:24:09 CST

Original text of this message