Re: The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted.

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 11:27:02 +0100

"Gustaf" <gustafl_at_algonet.se> schreef in bericht news:Qo-dnRlBaJK7YU3anZ2dnUVZ_rqlnZ2d_at_giganews.com...
> fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:
>
>> * For which release of Oracle was this application originally written?
>> * Which release of Oracle (all four or five numbers) are you using
>> which generates these errors?
>
> The Oracle version is 10.2.0.1. I don't know what 'application' means
> here. Is it yet another name for 'user', 'account' and 'schema'? So far,
> I'm doing everything in Enterprise Manager.
>
>> CONNECT has been dramatically altered in 10.1.0.x and later releases
>> of Oracle. The granted privileges have been seriously reduced to
>> nothing more than CREATE SESSION.
>
> That's what I see too. A new user only has the CONNECT rule by default,
> and the CONNECT role only has the CREATE SESSION privilege. But that's
> obviously not enough to use the account.
>
> Gustaf

Do I understand correctly that what you actually are saying is that the newly created users cannot login to ENTERPRISE MANAGER?

Shakespeare Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 04:27:02 CST

Original text of this message