Re: The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted.

From: Gustaf <gustafl_at_algonet.se>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:28:13 +0100

fitzjarrell_at_cox.net wrote:

> * For which release of Oracle was this application originally written?
> * Which release of Oracle (all four or five numbers) are you using
> which generates these errors?

The Oracle version is 10.2.0.1. I don't know what 'application' means here. Is it yet another name for 'user', 'account' and 'schema'? So far, I'm doing everything in Enterprise Manager.

> CONNECT has been dramatically altered in 10.1.0.x and later releases
> of Oracle. The granted privileges have been seriously reduced to
> nothing more than CREATE SESSION.

That's what I see too. A new user only has the CONNECT rule by default, and the CONNECT role only has the CREATE SESSION privilege. But that's obviously not enough to use the account.

Gustaf Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 02:28:13 CST

Original text of this message