Re: The application requires more database privileges than you have currently been granted.

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 15:08:36 +0100

"Gustaf" <gustafl_at_algonet.se> schreef in bericht news:wNadnTsxNYYf3EzanZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d_at_giganews.com...
> Shakespeare wrote:
>
>>> The Oracle version is 10.2.0.1. I don't know what 'application' means
>>> here. Is it yet another name for 'user', 'account' and 'schema'? So far,
>>> I'm doing everything in Enterprise Manager.
>
>> Do I understand correctly that what you actually are saying is that the
>> newly created users cannot login to ENTERPRISE MANAGER?
>
> That's right. And now I understand that Enterprise Manager (EM) is the
> 'application', and if I attempt to access the DB from SQL Plus, other
> rules apply. I'm trying to figure out what the minimum privileges are to
> log in with EM, but I begin to see how pointless it is. EM is not the way
> the average user connect anyway, is it?
>
> What I really want is to create a user with full control over a schema.
> Adding and removing tables, and importing data into those tables. I wish
> there was a SCHEMA_ADMIN role, but I can't find anything like it. And it's
> hard to figure out exactly which of the hundreds of privileges I need to
> put together such a role.
>
> Gustaf

Ah, that puts some light on the issue. EM is indeed not the tool for the average user. The privileges David posted should do.

Shakespeare Received on Fri Mar 07 2008 - 08:08:36 CST

Original text of this message