Re: Feedback please

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 15 Dec 2006 17:05:45 -0800

pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in wrote:
> Greetings,
> I came across these two books for gearing up towards Oracle 10g OCA and
> OCP ceritifcations:
>
> (1) Oracle Database 10g OCP Certification All-In-One Exam Guide
> (McGraw-Hill Osborne), by John Watson and Damir Bersinic, ISBN:
> 0072257903.
>
> (2) OCP: Oracle 10g Certification Kit (1Z0-042 and 1Z0-043) (Sybex),
> ISBN: 0782143695: A combination of OCA Oracle 10g Administration I
> Study Guide : Exam 1Z0-042 and OCP: Oracle 10g Administration II Study
> Guide : Exam 1Z0-043
>
> I have not yet gone through these books. Before buying, just wanted to
> know if these are the books to be referred or if someone got some
> better options?
> or some link which provide the same purpose?
>
> TIA
I haven't bothered with taking the 10g cert yet and are not familiar with those (although I did take the upgrade class at openworld last year), but I have a couple of points:

Different people learn in different ways, so what worked for me may not work for you. That said, I found a combination of one of the books and one of the online commercial tests was best for me (for 8, 8i and 9, though I haven't bothered taking the 9 test, either). Each seems to give half of what one needs to know. I think it was Sybex that gave me a bogus cd on one, so I've avoided them since (though they did replace it as soon as they could, that made it into procrastination when I wasn't procrastinating, with all the shipping and hassle).

http://newbiedba.blogspot.com/2006/07/studying-for-ocaocp-exams-hints-and.html

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.