Re: Feedback please

From: <pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 16 Dec 2006 03:28:44 -0800

joel garry wrote:
> pankaj_wolfhunter_at_yahoo.co.in wrote:
> > Greetings,
> > I came across these two books for gearing up towards Oracle 10g OCA and
> > OCP ceritifcations:
> >
> > (1) Oracle Database 10g OCP Certification All-In-One Exam Guide
> > (McGraw-Hill Osborne), by John Watson and Damir Bersinic, ISBN:
> > 0072257903.
> >
> > (2) OCP: Oracle 10g Certification Kit (1Z0-042 and 1Z0-043) (Sybex),
> > ISBN: 0782143695: A combination of OCA Oracle 10g Administration I
> > Study Guide : Exam 1Z0-042 and OCP: Oracle 10g Administration II Study
> > Guide : Exam 1Z0-043
> >
> > I have not yet gone through these books. Before buying, just wanted to
> > know if these are the books to be referred or if someone got some
> > better options?
> > or some link which provide the same purpose?
> >
> > TIA
>
> I haven't bothered with taking the 10g cert yet and are not familiar
> with those (although I did take the upgrade class at openworld last
> year), but I have a couple of points:
>
> Different people learn in different ways, so what worked for me may not
> work for you. That said, I found a combination of one of the books and
> one of the online commercial tests was best for me (for 8, 8i and 9,
> though I haven't bothered taking the 9 test, either). Each seems to
> give half of what one needs to know. I think it was Sybex that gave me
> a bogus cd on one, so I've avoided them since (though they did replace
> it as soon as they could, that made it into procrastination when I
> wasn't procrastinating, with all the shipping and hassle).
>
> http://newbiedba.blogspot.com/2006/07/studying-for-ocaocp-exams-hints-and.html
>
> jg
> --
> @home.com is bogus.
> http://www.comicspage.com/pinkpanther/pinkpanther3.html
Thanks everyone. For me, the main reason for certifications is to be get more knowledge and to increase my market value. But at many places I have seen ppl NOT SUPPORTING certifications much. According to them its a waste of money.
Its sometimes de-motivating.
Neways, thanks again. Received on Sat Dec 16 2006 - 05:28:44 CST