SQL problem: How replace all ' with " from a column in a table?

From: John <gundam.f0rtre55_at_freesurf.ch>
Date: 15 Dec 2006 17:02:20 -0800

Hello,
we have Oracle 9, and now I'm faced with this problem:

I have to update an entire column from a table which contains the character

' (single quotes)

and replace it with

" (double quotes)

The column is about "Descriptions", and now the customer wants to replace all occurences of the single quote with the double quote.

If it can help you I give you the names:

Can somebody please indicate me an SQL statement for updating the table a replace all single quotes with double quotes?

Thank you very much for your help and have a good day John Received on Fri Dec 15 2006 - 19:02:20 CST