Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 09:37:15 -0700

Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> On 2006-08-17, timasmith_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
> >>
> >> Why do you need a link? Can you not go straight to the group you
> >> want without going to the main page? (I don't remember when I was
> >> last there.) Do you not have bookmarks? Or a file with links?
>
> [please don't top post]

[ please dont bottom post]

> > I dont want to use bookmarks, I hate menus - too many clicks, too slow
> > - read up on your HCI. My home is google search and one click is for
> > google groups.
>
> Why would anyone use anything but one's own file for a home page?
>
> > Newsreaders are an archaic method - perhaps for retirees who have
> > nothing better to do with their time but read every single message
> > posted - lol.
>
> You obviously know nothing about newsreaders.
>
> Does Google Groups have killfiles?
>
> Does Google Groups refrain from showing you articles you have
> already read?
>
> --
> Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
> Shell Scripting Recipes: | My code in this post, if any,
> A Problem-Solution Approach | is released under the
> 2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

lol I top post because that is the default for Google groups...

I used a newsreader in the 90s, used to chew up space, add an extra window, had to click on all these different groups to find stuff... aweful

I hate to break it to you but using a newsreader is old fashioned.

Let me ask you this.

Can you type these two workds into your *newsreader*:

jfs commandlink

will it come back in 0.1 seconds with this:

Your search - jfs commandlink - did not match any documents Did you mean: jsf commandlink

and can you click on the suggested link and in 0.05 seconds get the 46 articles across the entire usenet that reference java server faces command link component? Received on Thu Aug 17 2006 - 11:37:15 CDT