Re: *pressure Google to put Groups back on main page...*

From: HansF <Fuzzy.Greybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:07:27 GMT

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 09:37:15 -0700, timasmith wrote:

> lol I top post because that is the default for Google groups...

So what.

The majority of vocal regulars in this group prefer that people do not top post. If you want help regularily in this group, you might want to respect the wishes to the community from whom you are requesting help.

After all ... who should make the effort? The one wanting [free] help or the one providing [free] help.

> I used a newsreader in the 90s, used to chew up space, add an extra
> window, had to click on all these different groups to find stuff...
> aweful
>
> I hate to break it to you but using a newsreader is old fashioned.

May be old fashioned. But it works, and works well. (I use pan.) I find it a heck of a lot easier than a browser-based solution.

To each his own - if it works. I don't dis your solution, why dis mine?

(Removed the cross-posting.)

--
Hans Forbrich   (mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com)
*** Feel free to correct me when I'm wrong!