forms6i and sqlplus

From: <bgineste_at_prodidact.net>
Date: 17 Aug 2006 08:29:54 -0700

Hello

We're trying to set up a software using forms 6i on a computer running an XP SP2.

Ten computers have been set with the same environnement in the same place.

I've three problems a particular one. At first view nothing more or less on this computer than on the others

If I set the NLS_LANG parameter to FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P1 in the registry or environnement variables connecting with sqlplus gives "incorrect NLS parameter".

I removed all NLS_LANG values, I'm now able to connect to my 9.2 database but a select on a system table or view gives a strange results : all the values in the records have a space between all letters : select * from cat ;

TABLE_NAME TABLE_TYPE

S Y S C A T A L O G T A B L E ....

selecting from a user table gives an ORA-00600 error.

The I tried to open my forms using forms runtime. It crashes immediately and dumps into its base directory. The dump says access violation in ifr60.ll.

I know forms 6i ( Patch4A ) is old, deprecated, they will migrate in forms 10 in a few months but I need to set this computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

--
BG