Re: forms6i and sqlplus

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Aug 2006 05:52:05 -0700

bgineste_at_prodidact.net schreef:

> Hello
>
> We're trying to set up a software using forms 6i on a computer running
> an XP SP2.

Very modern - the latest and the greatest!

> I've three problems a particular one. At first view nothing more or
> less on this computer than on the others
>
> If I set the NLS_LANG parameter to FRENCH_FRANCE.WE8ISO8859P1 in the
> registry or environnement variables connecting with sqlplus gives
> "incorrect NLS parameter".

Did you install the language packages with forms?

> I removed all NLS_LANG values, I'm now able to connect to my 9.2
> database but a select on a system table or view gives a strange results
> : all the values in the records have a space between all letters :
> select * from cat ;
>
> TABLE_NAME TABLE_TYPE
> S Y S C A T A L O G T A B L E ....
>

> selecting from a user table gives an ORA-00600 error.

What version are you connecting to? Forms 6 uses the old network stack - if you connect to a 10 database, that may cause your troubles. This 600 (which usually signals: call support!), as well as the NLS errors

> The I tried to open my forms using forms runtime. It crashes
> immediately and dumps into its base directory.
> The dump says access violation in ifr60.ll.
>
> I know forms 6i ( Patch4A ) is old, deprecated, they will migrate in
> forms 10 in a few months but I need to set this computer.

Ah - you don't want the latest and the greatest? Why do you think 6i is not certified for XP? Why do you think you can upgrade your OS and all your apps still work? Why do you think *every* sysadmin tests patches on OS level?
To prevent mishaps like this.

You're in an impossible situation: your OS is not certified with this version of Forms (and the whole lot of utilities that comes with that).
If you can get it to work, consider yourself lucky.

I would get hold of another PC, and install Win2K. Or try virtualization (VMWare). Received on Fri Aug 18 2006 - 07:52:05 CDT