Re: Does Oracle OLEDB Provider for Oracle support named variables?

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:05:46 +0200

Tzanko schrieb:
> Hi,
> I am using ADO accessing Oracle database through the Oracle OLEDB
> Provider for Oracle. Since using bind variable is important to Oracle,
> I am trying to work out what is the best way to pass them. ADO supports
>
> both Positional and Named variables. Ideally, I would like to use named
>
> variables, as the risk of programatic errors is greater with positional
>
> variables and the code is more difficult to read and maintain.
> Does anyone know if the Oracle OLEDB Provider for Oracle supports named
>
> variables?

Yes, it does.
Just like in PL/SQ: insert into mytable (mycolumn) values (:mybindvariable).

You can even use bind arrays.

The help file (should have been part of your install) contains plenty of examples. Look at the Methods Add or AddTable.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Wed Apr 05 2006 - 05:05:46 CDT