Re: SYSDATE VS SYSTIMESTAMP

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <vladimir.zakharychev_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Apr 2006 01:32:23 -0700

>What if my LAST_MOD_DATE of a TRADE_ID is 2 days prior to systimestamp?
>My query with systimestamp-5 would 'sometimes' not pick up those
>records.

Hmm...

Either there are other predicates that filter out these rows by some other criteria, or these rows were not yet committed when your query started, or it's a bug. If you can provide a reproducible example when Oracle doesn't select rows within required range expressed with timestamps, but does select them when dates are used, then it is definitely a bug and you should open a SR with Oracle Support to have it fixed.

Hth,

     Vladimir M. Zakharychev
     N-Networks, makers of Dynamic PSP(tm)
     http://www.dynamicpsp.com