Does Oracle OLEDB Provider for Oracle support named variables?

From: Tzanko <tzanko.tzanev_at_strategicthought.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2006 09:55:20 -0700

Hi,
I am using ADO accessing Oracle database through the Oracle OLEDB Provider for Oracle. Since using bind variable is important to Oracle, I am trying to work out what is the best way to pass them. ADO supports

both Positional and Named variables. Ideally, I would like to use named

variables, as the risk of programatic errors is greater with positional

variables and the code is more difficult to read and maintain. Does anyone know if the Oracle OLEDB Provider for Oracle supports named

variables?
Can you point me to a good example?
Thanks for your help.

Tzanko Received on Tue Apr 04 2006 - 11:55:20 CDT