Re: Join table to file?

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:25:55 +0100

reuben.nantogmah_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I have an excel file containg a data set which I want to link to a
> table in oracle. Normally I would just create a table and load the
> data from excel. In this case I can't do that because I don't have
> create permission on the database. Is there a way to work around
> this? I'm using sqlplus.

Depending on what you want to do and the size of your table you might be able to do it in Excel. Define the table as data source and apply whatever manipulations you need. I think you can even define a SQL query as source if you can reasonably limit data volume by filtering the original table's content.

HTH     robert Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 07:25:55 CST