Re: Slow Oracle Update only under load

From: <fsa3_at_optonline.net>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 05:04:24 -0800

It is Oracle 9i. Stats are current and yes their is a unique index on the mytablekey. The blob is a large piece of xml generated by the application.

After more conversations and analysis it seems to be a disk I/O issue. One thing I'm considering is to move this table into its own tablespace. I've read that tables with blobs that are heavily accessed may want to have their own block size. Now, I'm trying to figure out the right way to determine what that block size is.

Thanks! Received on Fri Nov 18 2005 - 07:04:24 CST