Re: Join table to file?

From: Andreas Sheriff <spamcontrol_at_iion.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2005 21:29:02 -0800

"Robert Klemme" <bob.news_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:3u6334Fvn4odU1_at_individual.net...
> reuben.nantogmah_at_gmail.com wrote:
>> I have an excel file containg a data set which I want to link to a
>> table in oracle. Normally I would just create a table and load the
>> data from excel. In this case I can't do that because I don't have
>> create permission on the database. Is there a way to work around
>> this? I'm using sqlplus.
>
> Depending on what you want to do and the size of your table you might be
> able to do it in Excel. Define the table as data source and apply
> whatever manipulations you need. I think you can even define a SQL query
> as source if you can reasonably limit data volume by filtering the
> original table's content.
>
> HTH
>
> robert

Has anyone given any thought about Heterogeneous Services (HR)?

--
Andreas
Oracle 9i Certified Professional

"If you don't eat your meat, you cannot have any pudding.
"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?!?!"
---

WARNING:
DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL
Reply to me only on this newsgroup