Re: Oracle 10g R2 Discoverer with SSO

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 16:52:49 +0200

oradba wrote:
> I have complete Oracle 10g stack 10.1.2.0 installed on RHAS 3
>
> i have webcache sitting infront, IM and SSO on one server, PORTAL, BI
> installed on the other server. Both Portal and BI installed on
> different homes.
>
> I have configured such that to log on to portal, i access:
>
> http://www.mycompany.com/pls/portal
>
> click on login
> URL changes to sso.mycompany.com
>
> Validates user and lets me into portal
>
> URL changes back to www.mycompany.com/......../....
>
> Then i wanted to use www.mycompany.com/discoverer/viewer URL to access
> viewer, so on the webcache as it now supports the prefix, i configured
> for site to server mapping as below:
>
> Host Name Port URL Path Prefix ESI Content Policy Host Name Port
> Proxy
> 5 www.mycompany.com 80 /discoverer/ Unrestricted hostname 7783 No
>
> Having done this, i can now access viewer using,
> www.mycompany.com/discoverer/viewer as well as plus
>
> Now, i wish to use SSO for discoverer, so as per documentation, i have
> associated my OracleBI installation with an OracleAS infrastructure
> (http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_06/bi.1012/b13918/assoc.htm#sthref101)
>
> Then, i added the entries in mod_osso to protect viewer and plus.
> Bounce the apache.
>
> But i stilMy question is that do i have to run ssoreg.sh to register
> discoverer as partner application? AM i missing something. Because i
> still cannot access discoverer via sso.
>
> Any assistance on this would be very helpful.
> Regards

Running into similar problems... Not Discoverer, though... Anyway - make sure you have all patches - 10.1.2 is not the latest; sorry about that.
Then again - Disco and SSO seem to have problems, that will not be gone until a new release this summer.

Partner application should do the trick - if not, give external a try - that should just store uid/passwd, and pass then in a call.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel