Oracle 10g R2 Discoverer with SSO

From: oradba <thedipak_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 May 2005 16:18:40 -0700

I have complete Oracle 10g stack 10.1.2.0 installed on RHAS 3

i have webcache sitting infront, IM and SSO on one server, PORTAL, BI installed on the other server. Both Portal and BI installed on different homes.

I have configured such that to log on to portal, i access:

http://www.mycompany.com/pls/portal

click on login
URL changes to sso.mycompany.com

Validates user and lets me into portal

URL changes back to www.mycompany.com/......../....

Then i wanted to use www.mycompany.com/discoverer/viewer URL to access viewer, so on the webcache as it now supports the prefix, i configured for site to server mapping as below:

Host Name Port URL Path Prefix ESI Content Policy Host Name Port Proxy
 5 www.mycompany.com 80 /discoverer/ Unrestricted hostname 7783 No

Having done this, i can now access viewer using, www.mycompany.com/discoverer/viewer as well as plus

Now, i wish to use SSO for discoverer, so as per documentation, i have associated my OracleBI installation with an OracleAS infrastructure (http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14099_06/bi.1012/b13918/assoc.htm#sthref101)

Then, i added the entries in mod_osso to protect viewer and plus. Bounce the apache.

But i stilMy question is that do i have to run ssoreg.sh to register discoverer as partner application? AM i missing something. Because i still cannot access discoverer via sso.

Any assistance on this would be very helpful. Regards Received on Tue May 17 2005 - 18:18:40 CDT