Re: Oracle Release Number CLient Vs. Database

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 May 2005 07:36:54 -0700

Nicolas Bronke wrote:
> >> To get the database version use
> >>
> >> select * from v$version
> >>
> >> But how can I identify the client version?
> >>
> >> Is there a way on database side or does I have to use an API
function
> > which
> >> I can implement with delphi?
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Nicolas
> >
> > You need to define what you mean by "Client Version" i.e.
> I meant the client oracle release. The database release number I get
by this
> anounced view. Now I need the Windows API to get the client release.
>
> Regards
> Nicolas

  1. From a batch script you could, (This needs sqlplus to be installed) for /F "tokens=1-3" %%A in ('echo exit^|sqlplus /nolog^|find "Release"') do ( set ora_version=%%C ) echo %ora_version%

This only works with 8i and above.

2) Use version.dll Windows API to get file version of oraclient*.dll OR oci.dll.

Regards
/Rauf Received on Wed May 18 2005 - 09:36:54 CDT