Re: Recommendations

From: Bill Van Dyk <trash_at_christian-horizons.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 11:25:14 -0400

No, they don't need any special initialization parameters. But we can't upgrade to 9 or 10 because our primary application (payroll) is not supported beyond 8.1.7 (yet).\

Interesting stuff on RAID 5, which I was not aware of.

I presume we should have at least a distinct table space for each of the major apps?

Also, I am not totally clear on the difference between an "instance" and a "database". It looks to me like they are nearly the same thing. Is it possible we would want a separate database for an application, but not a separate instance?