omit comments in PL/SQL source code

From: Ivan Bukovcan <b_at_buko.sk>
Date: 7 Jun 2004 08:44:41 -0700

Hi,

I have this situation:
I am doing simple parser to parse PL/SQL packages and create some metadata from it.
I select the package source from SYS.ALL_SOURCE view.

My question is:
Is it possible to omit all comments (both /**/ and -- ) in the source code, so my parser would not have to parse them? There may be large blocks of commented source which I dont want to be parsed, I want to skip it.

Is there some way to do this or do I have to create "comments parser" to get rid of all the comments in the source?

Many thanks for suggestions,

Ivan Received on Mon Jun 07 2004 - 10:44:41 CDT