Re: restore database

From: Adas <a_at_a.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 16:14:43 +0200

Tkx for an answer. It's worse then I tought ;-(

So now I have to go to AIX once more and make backup of database using RMAN ? It's far away ;-(

Which is the simplest way to do it in 8? Was there RMAN in 8 database ?
Should I made backup or export in 8 instalation ?

Can I restore database from 8 to 10 ?

Please help once more.

Adam

Uzytkownik "Turkbear" <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com> napisal w wiadomosci news:6d5ka0t30705hegrt7vegafc4qc01h1hpa_at_4ax.com...
> "Adas" <a_at_a.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi all
> >
> >I have files from Oracle database (8.1.6.3) from AIX.
> >This is:
> > control0x.ctl
> > *.dbf
> >
> >Is it possible to restore this files to Oracle on Windows XP running any
> >other version of Oracle Database when backup was made as copy of dabatase
> >files.
> >Is following errors caused by version difference ? I tried to restore it
> >10.1
> >
> >When I tried to make restore i got following error:
> >
> >Error in Restoring Control File
> >Recovery Manager: Release 10.1.0.2.0 - Production Copyright (c) 1995,
2004,
> >Oracle. All rights reserved. RMAN> connected to target database: orcl
(not
> >mounted) using target database controlfile instead of recovery catalog
RMAN>
> >executing command: SET CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT RMAN> 2> 3> 4>
> >allocated channel: oem_restore channel oem_restore: sid=160 devtype=DISK
> >Starting restore at 04/05/18 recovery area destination:
> >C:\oracle\product\10.1.0\flash_recovery_area database name (or lock name
> >space) used for search: ORCL channel oem_restore: no autobackups found in
> >the recovery area autobackup search outside recovery area not attempted
> >because DBID was not set released channel: oem_restore RMAN-00571:
> >=========================================================== RMAN-00569:
> >=============== ERROR MESSAGE STACK FOLLOWS =============== RMAN-00571:
> >=========================================================== RMAN-03002:
> >failure of restore command at 05/18/2004 15:16:53 RMAN-06172: no
autobackup
> >found or specified handle is not a valid copy or piece RMAN> Oracle
instance
> >shut down RMAN> connected to target database (not started) Oracle
instance
> >started database mounted Total System Global Area 171966464 bytes Fixed
Size
> >787988 bytes Variable Size 145750508 bytes Database Buffers 25165824
bytes
> >Redo Buffers 262144 bytes RMAN> Recovery Manager complete.
> >
> >Please help
> >
> >Adam
> >

> In short, No ....In your situation they are useless.
> ( BTW, unless RMAN creates the backup, it can not restore it - so even
without the other major problems you have, that would
> not have worked even if the versions were the same)
>
> The OS version/type and the Database version are all vital to the use of
those files so they will ONLY work if you replicate
> the AIX system ( including the exact Oracle software locations) and place
the .dbf files in the locations specified in the
> .ctl file, and attempt to start the instance...( I would not hold out much
hope, even then)

News==----
Newsgroups