Re: restore database

From: FlameDance <flamedance_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 18:59:00 +0200

Adas wrote:
[backup AIX-> Windows XP]

> So now I have to go to AIX once more and make backup of database using RMAN
> ? It's far away ;-(

As Turkbear wrote: The Oracle documentation tells us that you can only physically backup/restore on the same OS because the file structure depends on the OS. For every other transfer (like AIX->XP) you'll have to do a logical backup using export, create a new empty database on the XP system and import into it. RMAN won't help you here.

  > Can I restore database from 8 to 10 ?

I haven't done that but my guess is that you'd have to restore to 8 and then migrate to 10.

Stephan Received on Tue May 18 2004 - 11:59:00 CDT